By Stuart Sumida,Karen L. M Martin
- Integrates sleek systematic tools with reports of sensible and physiological processes
- Illustrates how stories of paleobiology should be illuminated via stories of neonatology
- Provides a radical and interdisciplinary synthesis of 1 of the vintage transitions of evolutionary history
Read or Download Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land PDF
Best ecology books
One of many relevant study topics in ecology is comparing the level to which organic richness is important to maintain the Earth's method and the functioning of person ecosystems. during this quantity, for the 1st time, the connection among biodiversity and surroundings approaches in forests is carefully explored.
This can be a e-book concerning the clinical technique and the way we use it on facts in ecology. we are going to methods to plan for info assortment, tips to gather info, the best way to examine info and eventually tips to current the implications. The booklet makes use of Microsoft Excel and the strong Open resource R application to hold out information dealing with in addition to generating graphs.
Maintaining dwelling usual assets is an introductory textbook for college students of conservation biology and source administration. It provides the old and conceptual contexts of 3 seminal techniques to the administration of residing typical assets: utilitarian administration for harvest of featured species and keep an eye on of undesirable species, defense and recovery of populations and habitats to take care of biodiversity, and administration of complicated ecosystems to maintain either productiveness and biodiversity.
This e-book encompasses the physique of obtainable clinical info at the notothenioid fish Pleuragramma antarctica quite often often called Antarctic silverfish. This plankton-feeder of the intermediate trophic point is the main ample fish within the coastal areas of excessive Antarctica, and performs a pivotal ecological function because the major prey of best predators like seals, penguins, whales and Antarctic toothfish.
- Adaptation and Evolution in Marine Environments, Volume 2: The Impacts of Global Change on Biodiversity (From Pole to Pole)
- Environmental Restoration: Science And Strategies For Restoring The Earth
- The California Nitrogen Assessment: Challenges and Solutions for People, Agriculture, and the Environment
- The Dodo and the Solitaire: A Natural History (Life of the Past)
- Plant and Animal Populations: Methods in Demography
Additional resources for Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land
Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land by Stuart Sumida,Karen L. M Martin