By Jean-Michel Rabaté
Featuring the newest learn findings and exploring the interesting interaction of modernist authors and highbrow luminaries, from Beckett and Kafka to Derrida and Adorno, this daring new selection of essays provides scholars a deeper seize of key texts in modernist literature.
- Provides a wealth of unpolluted views on canonical modernist texts, that includes the most recent learn data
- Adopts an unique and artistic thematic method of the topic, with innovations corresponding to race, legislation, gender, type, time, and beliefs forming the constitution of the collection
- Explores present and ongoing debates at the hyperlinks among the aesthetics and praxis of authors and modernist theoreticians
- Reveals the profound ways that modernist authors have encouraged key thinkers, and vice versa
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
While Constance Garnett's translations (1910–1920) made Dostoevsky's novels obtainable in England for the 1st time they brought a disruptive and freeing literary strength, and English novelists needed to confront a brand new version and rival. The writers who're the point of interest of this examine - Lawrence, Woolf, Bennett, Conrad, Forster, Galsworthy and James - both well known or feared Dostoevsky as a monster who may dissolve all literary and cultural differences.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Reports the effect of the plastic arts at the significant writers of Latin American modernism. portray Modernism demonstrates the effect of portray and sculpture at the paintings of the foremost writers of Latin American modernism. via his research, Ivan A. Schulman, a foundational determine within the box, deals a concise and new interpretation of works by way of José Asunción Silva, Julián del Casal, Rubén Darío, José Juan Tablada, and José Martí.
For a extra encompassing and stimulating photo of Modernism noticeable as a stream of the twentieth century, a extensive spectrum of labor throughout many nations we needs to discover its range. Portuguese Modernism manifested itself either in visible artwork and in literature, and made a lively contribution to this time of profound cultural switch.
- Automatic for the Masses: The Death of the Author and the Birth of Socialist Realism
- The Situationist International in Britain: Modernism, Surrealism, and the Avant-Garde (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- Modernism the Morning After (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- The Art of Twentieth-Century American Poetry: Modernism and After (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
- Modernism and Theory: A Critical Debate
Additional resources for A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Jean-Michel Rabaté